For those of you homeowners who are seriously considering getting replacement windows, the cost of the job is obviously something that is going to be important. Getting a good price for your new replacement windows need not be too stressful if you do a little homework in advance.
5 things to think about before getting quotes:
- Is the potential supplier / installer registered with FENSA / CERTASS / GGF / DGCOS or similar trade body? – this can help you avoid cowboys
- What are the guarantees on offer? You want your money & work to be safe & secure.
- Get everything in writing, that way there are no confusions about what you get for your money.
- Get at least 5 written quotations from different installers so you can compare prices.
- Always ask for a better price, you never know!
It’s also a good idea to know what type of windows you want before you set out, such as:
- Sash windows
- Casement Windows
- Tilt & Turn Windows
- French Windows
Each one has a different price banding, with Sash or Tilt & Turn coming at the higher end, casement at the lower.
To arm yourself with good information on all of the above, take a trip to www.doubleglazing-pro.co.uk